Our goals are to:
- Diagnose the of the level of disturbance on the river systems originating in human activities and a characterization of the aquatic communities in the following river basins (Vouga, Dão Paiva);
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the river systems constraints and the proposal of technical solutions for the installing fish passages on hydraulic structures limiting the flow of fish;
- Create, signalling and regulating the concessions for recreational fishings, in order to ensure the sustainability of the fish populations management;
- Begin a program for the population reinforcement of fish species displaying a strong population decline.
- Restore pilot-areas where the vegetation is degraded or destroyed, in order to improve the habitat for the migrating fish species;
- Create a biological micro-reserve network of areas with a high occurrence of habitats and species with a special interest for conservation;
- Carry out an extensive program of education for sustainability, in order to raise awareness for the preservation of migrating fishes and their habitats